Donut, Donut, Jelly.....

cameronh

Decided to take the boat out with my little bro this morning, plan was to head over to moreton and see if there was an suface action as we got a couple takes last week but no hook ups.

Up nice and early and we were on the water by 430, arrived at moreton and we liked what we saw with a couple boils and some fish free swimming, but they weren't there to play, we trolled and sight casted to no avail... by 10 we decided to call it quits.

Heading back into the river, there was a sea of jellyfish, I have never seen anything like that before, the brown river literally tuned blue with all the jellyfish, port control even shut down any ships entering or leaving as they were so thick. At one stage I drove through a patch where there would've been 50 per sq/m for a good 50m......

Anyway lets hope it'll be third time lucky the next time we head out.... I'm seriously over getting donuts.....

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and has some better luck than me....

I guess it beats being at the office

Cam

Had the same on Sunday. Full of confidence, over to Morton, right places (previous two trips were productive), bait all over the place, but no takers. Saw a few bust ups, but they were just small mac tuna and wouldn't touch anything. It was my first donut (grinners don't count) in about 10 trips :-(

I went to the furthest of the two measured mile beacons and caught the only school mackerel out of the boats that were there - plenty of bait showing on the sounder but no fish. Had two runs on the big rod set with whole slimie mackerel on wire trace but the first spat the hooks and the second snapped the line so not sure if they were sharks or spaniards.

Was jolly hot out there today - not often that fishermen want the breeze to pick up!!!!

Archived