pine river 30/12/2014

Troy_79

headed to the pine this morning despite saying 2 years ago I would never return haha. Got on the water around 6am and dropped the pots and headed to my usual spots for no success. After about an hour we decided to try a spot I used to fish about 20 years ago with dad, about 300m upstreram from dohlas rocks right in the middle of the channel about 40m from this channel marker. no structure no mud flats but we always caught good fish in this spot.

1st cast caught a flattie around the 30cm mark released to fight another day, in the next hour I caught 4 more flatties ranging between 30-35cm returned them to fight another day and a couple of bream. decided to set up the other rod for whiting and put a big piece of bloodworm on and withen 30 secs the bait got smashed and to my surprise ended up with a 52cm flathead which I kept for dinner. My mate lost a massive flattie not sure the size but it would've made mine look like a baby, oh well cant do much when they bite you off.

no muddies unfortunately, but had a fun morning and was probably the most productive day on the pine ive had in about 10 years I reckon :)

post-618-14459909194_thumb.png

post-618-144599091959_thumb.jpg

post-618-144599091966_thumb.jpg

Archived