Sydney Harbour Session

Manni79

Well it's been a long time since I posted a report and that's mainly because I haven't fished for many, many months however that's all about to change as I get settled in to Sydney life and now living very close to the water :)

As most of you know I’ve recently moved back to Sydney and I finally got my little tub out for a spin on the Harbour in search of some kingies & Salmon. Fortunately the harbour is plagued by schools of kingies and it didn’t take long to find them feeding in one of the bays. The schools were very thick and large with Salmon & Kingies terrorising the bait school moving up and down the bay hardly stopping for any breathers!!!

I spent a lot of time on the fly rod which I’m still learning to use and was getting some great follows however I couldn't entice them to strike and given the 1 in 10 casts that was good I was also wasting a lot of time trying to hook one up, in the end it was good practice using the fly rod in the boat and learning how not to catch every part of the boat but it was time to go to the old faithful spin gear.

post-8859-144599093892_thumb.jpg

A couple casts in and straight away a solid hook up and shortly after I landed my first Sydney Harbour king, albeit a little fella but good to tick one off the list in my maiden voyage after 4/5 years being away from Sydney.

post-8859-1445990939_thumb.jpg

Token photo with the Harbour bridge in the background ;)

post-8859-14459909391_thumb.jpg

I chased them around for a little while longer but had no luck, as the school nearly all but disappeared I pulled up the boat near a small beach, had a feed and a swim and called it a day.

post-8859-144599093918_thumb.jpg

Not a bad way to spend the day whilst others were at work, thanks for reading

Manni

Cheers guys - yeah a few more reports will come ;)

Looks fantastic!

Are you game to eat them coming out of the harbour?

Binder the harbour is a hell of a lot healthier than it used to be, most people that had issues with eating fish in the harbour were eating a tonne of fish.

I won't be worried about having one here and there

Archived