Help Jimmy: Tragedy Heaped Upon Tragedy

Angus

Hey gang...

I try to refrain from charity on here but this was I could not ignore.

This goes out to the older members who remember James Wahry AKA jimmybob. Jimmy has not been to active in a while but he was a long time members, prolific reporter and moderator for a few years. He was always happy to try and help people out and was in fact the guy that got me onto my first fish caught on a hardbody!

post-63-144599097535_thumb.jpg

Jimmy at our last Lake K catch up

Jimmy has had a run of tragedy in the last 2 weeks that defies explanation. First of all his long term GF Angela was taken from him by cancer. She had been battling this for a long time and Jimmy had supported her the whole way.

To top it off just last week his Ex Wife and still good friend Adelle was murdered. Adelle and Jimmy despite being divorced had remained good friends and excellent parents for the sake of the children. Adelle had even welcomed Angela warmly as the kids loved her as did Jimmy. http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/man-charged-with-murder-as-adelle-collins-found-stabbed-to-death-in-her-bribie-island-home/story-fnn8dlfs-1227212390382

post-63-144599097526_thumb.jpg

In the wake of this Tragedy Jimmy has been left shaken. He has stated his primary goal is to establish a good life for his kids. With this in mind a trust has been established for them. This is the link:

/>http://www.gofundme.com/lz4s1o?fb_action_ids=10153011370725053&fb_action_types=og.shares

No pressure on anyone I just wanted to share for the members that remember Jimmy and might want to help.

All I had to do was think about some of the first world problems that annoy me and realize how trivial they are in the face of this.

Cheers guys.

Angus

• 4 weeks later...

From the funding site - They are doing a fund raiser if anyone living near Bribie wants to attend.

HI Everyone

Thankyou all again for your awesome generosity with your donations for Declan and Ava. James and the family are overwhelmed with your kindness. James and the kids have a great new house now and the kids have started at their new school. Everyone doing as well as can be expected. They have a great family and freinds support network. :)

We are having a Family Fundraising day on the 12th of April at Blueys Pacific Hotel on Bribie Island to Raise money and Awareness to STOP Domestic Violence. We are running this in conjunction with Assist A Sister. all money raised will go to Adelle's kids, Declan and Ava and to Assist A Sister who provide Mums and their kids with safe home of their own to escape the Domestic Violent situation. We will be having a huge raffle with heaps of awesome prizes on the day along with Live music, BBQ and lots of fun for the kids. If you would like to donate a prize to the raffle or know someone who would please contact me or Matt at Blueys Pacific Hotel. stayed tuned for more details. Thanks Nanette

• ellicat unpinned this topic
  • 1 year later...

Angus thank you. And to all that helped us two years ago. This will never be forgotten. You blokes have helped so much. Thank you all. 

Two years on, we are going strong . Don't get to fish quite as much but life is good. From the bottom of my heart I say thank you. Thank you from all 3 of us . 

Cheers guys 

IMG_5216.JPG

IMG_5409.JPG

Archived