Brissy threadys/jew

yellahunter

Hey guys,

After a few years away from fishing ive decided to get back into it. Keen to start chasing the brissy river threadys and jew.

Only problem is i just dont know where to start in terms of location, tides, times etc. Im a lure fisho so not interested in live bating,

Can anyone give me some pointers?

Deckie spot would be avail if someone wants to show me the ropes

Cheers,

Ben

Good place to start is around the river mouth mate - both can be caught along the oil pipeline (I like to fish where the ship pulls up as the water drops off nicely). Also try the sunken wall - if you are not familiar run your sounder over the area parallel to the rockwall that leads to the poop schute. There is a green beacon that indicates where it is - the water drops from about 3m to about 10m.

They are the only real places I have given them a proper crack yet - other places to try are along the wharves, around the Gateway bridge, no doubt any of the wharves/jetties from the mouth to the city, plus I've heard the deep ruts in the river bed where the cruise ships pull up around Hamilton can work also.

If you have time use the 'Forum Search' tab on here and do a bit of research. Around the slackwater (I prefer around high tide at the river mouth but I'm certainly no expert) is generally recognised to be a peak time of activity for jewies however I've seen reports of them being caught on the outgoing tide so who knows (certainly not me ....).

Good luck - look forward to reading a report of a successful mission.

• 2 weeks later...

Was just reading Nugget's (separate website) weekly fishing report and sounds like plenty of good sized jewies being caught including in the Brissy River. Couple of other spots I thought of to try are Clara's Rocks (I haven't tried there yet but if you search for a report from Rathabfishin you'll be inspired to try!!) and also around the mouth of Brekky Ck and also inside it.

Good luck - I'm hoping to get out next weekend if this wind racks off!!!

Archived