Heading back to Hervey Bay withe boys. 23 & 24th May

Luvit

Wanted to get one more session in at HB with the boys probably the last one till next October at HB.

We are going to be staying at the Harbour View caravan park Urangan again because its in such a good position. My boat will be full with 4 on board. If anyone else is up there the same weekend we can share some info to find the fish.

2 boats are better than one. ;)

Wanted to get one more session in at HB with the boys probably the last one till next October at HB.

We are going to be staying at the Harbour View caravan park Urangan again because its in such a good position. My boat will be full with 4 on board. If anyone else is up there the same weekend we can share some info to find the fish.

2 boats are better than one. ;)

If I can line a Deckie up, I'll actually be keen for this mate. I'll probally stay in the water over night though. I'll see what I can organise and get back to you mate.

Where you thinking of travelling too?

That would be great Julian,

I won't have enough room on my boat to be carrying camping gear etc for 4 people, so we'll just head out each day as the weather permits. Even if it blows there are plenty of other options.

I would be heading to Warthumba area.

That would be great Julian,

I won't have enough room on my boat to be carrying camping gear etc for 4 people, so we'll just head out each day as the weather permits. Even if it blows there are plenty of other options.

I would be heading to Warthumba area.

Don't know where that area is.

It's about 50km up Fraser Island from Urangan marina. This is where most people camp over night. You can access wathumba creek on half tide. It a safe mooring for a night. Your boat would be fine on the bay in most conditions anyway.

It a beautiful place.

It's about 50km up Fraser Island from Urangan marina. This is where most people camp over night. You can access wathumba creek on half tide. It a safe mooring for a night. Your boat would be fine on the bay in most conditions anyway.

It a beautiful place.

Think I found the area. The creek on google maps isn't named wathumba though, but there is a wathumba rd next to the creek, so I imagine that's it? If so definatly looks low. I'd probally head to the top of Fraser to stay the night, that's where the ausfish boys go.

What type of KMs do you normally do up that way? What are you planning on chassing?

That will be it and yes it is shallow. Some big yacht's go in there.
/>https://youtu.be/0kjBJpgNDOA

Rooney's point is another 20 km further north of wathumba.

We will be chasing any pelagic and doing some micro jigging. With the kids its just about having some fun. In a day I do around 170km round trip. You can find fish a lot closer and don't have to that sort of KM's but I when I've been there the guides go that far so it good enough for them and they get results. On the Sunday we may not travel as far we'll see.

We just follow the birds they find everything for us. We are no experts on the area but are yet to have a bad trip.

The weather is what makes or break it.

That will be it and yes it is shallow. Some big yacht's go in there.
/>https://youtu.be/0kjBJpgNDOA

Rooney's point is another 20 km further north of wathumba.

We will be chasing any pelagic and doing some micro jigging. With the kids its just about having some fun. In a day I do around 170km round trip. You can find fish a lot closer and don't have to that sort of KM's but I when I've been there the guides go that far so it good enough for them and they get results. On the Sunday we may not travel as far we'll see.

We just follow the birds they find everything for us. We are no experts on the area but are yet to have a bad trip.

The weather is what makes or break it.

Awesome mate, thanks! I can't promise anything yet, but I'll post back when I know for sure. I am keen however... Just depends on deckies and how I go with my battery issue this weekend.

Be good to see you again.

Now lets just hope the weather plays ball. :)

Here's my plan Wayne so far:

Leave for Harvey Bay Friday night. Sleep in boat at boat ramp till Saturday morn then launch. I juts need to know what ramp you're planning to use and what time you will be launching on Sat morn.

Sat night I'm planning to anchor up at Roonies then head outside Sunday to chase some Trout and Reds.

Do you know what species enjoys hanging in the bay to target? I'm mainly interested in Trout, Red Throats and Travelly. I'll be bring my Mack gear too, as there should be a few around in the area still.

We will be driving up Friday night and staying at the Harbour View caravan park which is adjacent to the Urangan boat ramp. I haven't thought that far ahead on a time to be launching yet because the weather will determine where we fish.

If the weather is OK we will head from Urangan boat ramp early morning and head toward Wathumba creek area. We will be chasing pelagics mostly and if that's not working well try jigging where we can find some reef. I haven't been reef fishing there yet because we had so much fun on the pelagics. In the 4 trips we have been there we have caught inside the bay Longtails, Mac Tuna, Golden Trevs, Spotted mackerel and hooked up small Marlin.

I'd like to get into catching reefies to bring home a feed but I'm not experienced in chasing them and I mainly fish lures. Trout and Reds are on the to do list.

Your plan is the way to it and saves a lot a fuel, but for me with 4 on board I'll be heading back to the park for the night and having a nice hot feed at the boat Club with the kids. This is not a serious fishing trip just want to get out with the kids and have some fun.

Here's my number 0412 808 823 to have a chat as gets closer.

Lets just hope the weather is kinder than the wind we have at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Brian

I'm down to James as the only Duckie now.

Last night I was in Emergency dept with Luke getting X-rays for his thumb that he fractured at school. He now has a cast on and he will keep Jesse company for the weekend.

Jess is happy to take the car and go exploring with Luke while James and I go fishing.

He's quite disappointed but not much you can do.

Report to come next week.

Archived