A Boat Is A Hole Surrounded By Water !!!!!

stingray

A Boat Is A Hole Surrounded By Water In Which You Throw Endless Amounts Of Money Into.

Now anyone who has a boat should know what i mean! your always putting money into your boat always something comes up or go wrong.

After telling a mate from this site about a bad weekends boating i had 2 weeks back he thought it was funny and you may get a laugh out of what happen.

So here is my story! two weeks ago I went up to see my old neighbour from Canberra who now lives in Deception bay to do a spot of fishing and boating in the pumicestone passage.

I went over there on the Friday to help him clean as it's not been used in more then a year and to re pack all the gear into the boat and test that the motor still works.

Yep all was fine motor still worked boat was cleaned and all fishing gear and bait was packed so we were right to go for first thing Saturday morning.

Anyway I went for a afternoon walk down the waterfront to see what was going on and when i got back he said he had bad news for me.

Well i was like how bad can it be i was only gone 40mins or so and i could see all my gear was still in the boat.

As i went on my walk he though he would start the motor to see if it would turn over still and the key broke in half and the other end was stuck in the keyhole.

So we had to wait till 9:00am Saturday morning for a locksmith to be open and take the boat over to get new key cuts and get the bit that was stuck out.

Got it done and went to the boat ramp at spinnaker sound marina put boat in and that were about to head out of the marina when the motor cut out. We where there for like 30mins trying to get it going but it would not start so we had to put it back on the trailer and go to the guy on Bribe island who fixed his boat motor in the past, he was a bit busy but we were lucky he had a look for us to see what was wrong.

He found out what it was he fixed it we gave him some money for fixing it and we went back to the boat ramp.

Same thing boat in water motor still would not kick over then after 10mins trying that the water police came over to us to ask if we were okey . Any way after they left it was back to Bribe to get the guy who fixed the boat two have a look a 2nd time in the same day lol. He had a 2nd look and turns out we were flooding the fuel line lol Dam twos stroke.

Time we got back to Spinnakers and got the boat working and out of the marina it was like 1:00pm and the wind had picked up 20= knots from the southwest and it was crap as in the passage.

Were only in the water 20 mins or so before we called it a day in the end never even got to wet a line.

You know that BOAT is just an acronym for 'Bring On Another Thousand'.

So what was wrong fist time. Flooded both times? You often see motors not starting at the ramp and the captain pumping furiously on the key, as the slick around the motor gets bigger and bigger. Prime the bulb till hard and then 1 good pump should be enough to fire most motors.

If that fails full throttle but get ready to shut the throttle down when it fires

choke off

works on most motors ;)

if you smell fumes you can take the fuel line off and take the spark plugs out crank the motor a few times to get rid of excess fuel dry your plugs put em in and try again :)

If your constantly flooding the system revise your starting procedure only a thought ;)

Gaz

Archived