Glenn S

Hey all, Summer has been pretty hard going for me on the bass scene, i think the last time i sore anything over 40cm was last spring. (im lazy and fish afternoons mostly) On the positive side ive caught more saratogas this year than ever, Im on 5 or 6 for the season so far. This is my most rewarding toga capture to date as we sore him 3 or 4 times before he finally took my bassman spinnerbait.Photo doesn't do it justice but it was a touch under 65cm. I had the most action i've had from bass in months with heaps of missed hits so hopefully the water temps are starting to drop and they start feeding hard on the edges leading into winter.

Water was at 27.5 and it has been hovering at 30 for a long time.

Cheers, Glenn.

12805766_10153990054705477_978383354395703518_n.jpg

Hell yeah! That is an awesome effort on the toga! 

Def inspired me to get up there and give it a go!

Do you usually get the toga on surface? And how do you find them moving into winter?

Also what is your favorite toga recipe? (massive JK!!!).

Thanks for the report.

Angus

Thanks Angus, its a great place to be even if they arn't biting, I've only caught one on surface on a megabass anthrax but i'm sure i've dropped many more. (mate of mine uses a live target field mouse and nails a few pretty regularly) 

Majority of mine have been on spinnerbaits now. They seem to love hanging at the very back of bays where there is a bit of shade all day long. If i know i've hooked one i set the hook multiple times as they are insanely good at freeing them selves mid fight. 

They are definitely more active in the warmer months, i think i have caught one in early September and the rest in summer, but in saying that they are still there and have to feed so i'm sure you will still get them, just not as often.

Hope this info helps mate, i'm out there most weekends so feel free to hit me up one day and ill show you around. Got my electric boat all setup now with the 2hp haswing on the back so i can cover alot more water :)

Cheers, Glenn.

19 minutes ago, Glenn S said:

Thanks Angus, its a great place to be even if they arn't biting, I've only caught one on surface on a megabass anthrax but i'm sure i've dropped many more. (mate of mine uses a live target field mouse and nails a few pretty regularly) 

Majority of mine have been on spinnerbaits now. They seem to love hanging at the very back of bays where there is a bit of shade all day long. If i know i've hooked one i set the hook multiple times as they are insanely good at freeing them selves mid fight. 

They are definitely more active in the warmer months, i think i have caught one in early September and the rest in summer, but in saying that they are still there and have to feed so i'm sure you will still get them, just not as often.

Hope this info helps mate, i'm out there most weekends so feel free to hit me up one day and ill show you around. Got my electric boat all setup now with the 2hp haswing on the back so i can cover alot more water :)

Cheers, Glenn.

Yeah man I will for sure. I often get bummed when I do not have the motivation for a dawn session but that is a good compromise :)

Archived