Explore

T_H

Hey Guys

Thought id share a little family camp mission I had the last few days. Anyone heading north should really check this place out if time permits. If the winds up and weather is crappy on the coast its worth a detour. Also a great place for kids to fish and have fun for those with young ones.

Blencoe falls is about 3.5 hours from Cairns via inland and 4 hours via coast/inland. Apart from being a spectacular water fall ( 320 m top to bottom ) you get a pretty awesome view of the Herbert river gorge and a great place to camp right on the Blencoe river. The water temp was pretty cool and we still got 10 odd sooties with very little effort. Probably only fished for about an hour. The time i did fish I spent most of the time casting out and my 3 year old son winding lures back in. He caught 2 sooties which were his first ever fish. So Stoked! If your keen to explore there are some really good stretches up stream from camp that I didn't get time to fish, but will one day. Sooties are super fun on light gear and I reckon there would be some quality fish in there. The drive in was awesome and def 4x4 but was nothing hardcore. We drove via the coast and headed back inland. would be a great little kayak trip to combine Tinaroo, Koombooloomba and blencoe. anyway few pics so you get the idea. The pics of the falls don't do it justice but a hard place to photograph.

Cheers

IMG_0258.JPG

TH

IMG_0131.JPG

IMG_0173.JPG

IMG_0231.JPG

IMG_0215.JPG

IMG_0219.JPG

IMG_0244.JPG

IMG_0295.JPG

IMG_0346.JPG

IMG_0438.JPG