Brisbane River Session

tekung

perfect weather today, I persisted with fishing heavy 30lb gear to pull out the illusive fish that bricked my brother on 6lb; figured it to be a cod seeing that he could not turn its head and it did one 30 meter run back into the rocks with ease. no luck as usual when targeting what you want but we came home with a feed and got to see some squid hanging around the outer edges of the rockwall. Put together a video as well to share the days enjoyment

20160516_123251.jpg

11 hours ago, christophagus said:

please tell me you want to fish for team north this weekend..

with a trip like that you could easily win the weekend by yourself!

11 hours ago, samsteele115 said:

Northside need you....

Unless I'm missing something, he seems to live in Durack so may as well sign up for the winning team ;)

Awesome sesh! Fishing a fair way from the wall and casting to the rocks?

thats it, work them all the way to the boat rockwall, wharfs or jetties; ive caught alot of fish right at the boat

13 hours ago, christophagus said:

please tell me you want to fish for team north this weekend..

with a trip like that you could easily win the weekend by yourself!

haha appreciate the kind words

6 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

That is a great session and a quality video. Do you think the smell gel really works? And how are you working those jerk baits, if you don't mind sharing. I have had more luck with the paddle tails and curly tails so think it must be a technique thing. 

cheers bud, hoping to get more into recording and making more better videos. The gel honestly works, ive had alot of fish wack the lure and come back for several more attempts which increase my hookup rate by alot, nothing like this really happened on the regular before i decided to buy and try the procure. with the jerk baits i let it hit the bottom, 1 big viloent rip each time and once it touches the bottom again repeat; the fish always seems to grab it on the drop and when you go for another rip, it sets the hook real good

Archived