1000 Fish??

From what I can gather when reading it, the majority of the 1000ish fish they have caught are non-regulated ones (ie. no bag or size restrictions) and they only face (four charges of unlawfully possessing undersized fish which are regulated under the Fisheries Act) for the bream, flathead, snapper and tarwhine). So if that's the case then in my opinion the fine is probably in the right ballpark.

However .... if a certain species (no idea what they would have been - herring, pike, etc at a guess) isn't regulated are they entitled to keep as many as they like or is it like baitfish where you are limited to something like 50? Seems wrong that you can keep as many as you like of any type of fish.

7 hours ago, Binder said:

Very few fish are unregulated these days, last change of the rules they added a clause which I though caught most fish up in a general limit.?

I think the overall limit applies to regulated species only. There's actually still quite a lot that have no regulation at all but I think an overall bag limit would be good for all species, regardless of whether they are bait fish or not.

@kmcrosby78 - even for a repeat offender?

9 hours ago, Binder said:

Very few fish are unregulated these days, last change of the rules they added a clause which I though caught most fish up in a general limit.?

Freshwater only at the moment changes coming shortly for fresh and then salt.

Cheers

Ray

Archived