Went Chasing Flathead And Caught This!!

Mrboajangles

Only a few months ago I started fishing with soft plastics. Until today, I had only had a bit of success. 

I braved the crappy weather and it paid off. 

Within an hour I had caught a couple of Bream, GTs and a Tailor. Then I caught my first Jew ever.  It was about 60cm. 

Next cast, I was on again and after about 15-20 minutes of fighting,I landed a 100cm Jew. 

As I was chasing flathead, I was only using a light setup with 6lb line. So the poor fish was exhausted by the time I got it into the boat. 

I don't usually keep many fish, but this fish had no life left in it and would have just died if released so I decided to put It out of its misery and keep it. 

It was caught on my new 13 omen black using 6lb braid and 8lb leader, Zman minnowz in calico candy. 

Anyway I was so excited, I had to share.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

19 minutes ago, ellicat said:

You suck ! :P

Spent many a Friday night with the late Chubbstar specifically targeting them for no result and you jag two by mistake...... that's fishing. Well done. :fishing2:

Haha, if it makes you feel better I'm terrible at catching flathead. 

Thanks guys. 

They are a spectacular  fish to catch with thumps from head shakes and strong runs then the ultimate 1st site of silver congrats on your cherry popping jew they are sensational to eat at that size and get better as they get bigger you just need huge eskies to fit them in lol.

23 hours ago, tugger said:

They are a spectacular  fish to catch with thumps from head shakes and strong runs then the ultimate 1st site of silver congrats on your cherry popping jew they are sensational to eat at that size and get better as they get bigger you just need huge eskies to fit them in lol.

Yep, first time I've had this problem with the esky. 

image.jpeg

Archived