Sea Jay Vs Quintrex Vs Stacer??

Davidsch1

Well, we are looking at upgrading from our current boat, which is a 5.5m Stessl Bluewater 550. Although its a perfect boat, we want to go offshore fishing at the continental shelf (we have taken our 5.5m Stessl up to 40km offshore from Lakes Entrance [and about 35km away from the actual coast itself], but would feel much happier with a bigger boat going 60-80km offshore past the oil rigs). So if anyone is after a really nice 5.5m boat for around the $40,000 mark, send me a pm!

Now my question is if you had to choose between a Sea Jay 7.2 Pursuit GS, a Quintrex Yellow Fin 7400 HT, a Quintrex Trident 690 HT, or a Stacer Ocean Ranger 7.39 HT, which would you choose? Why? How have you found that it rides (especially in rough water)? …and I would particularly be interested if you own/had experience with one of these models of boats. Would prefer single outboard, rather than twin, so would be looking at around the 200 to 250HP engine, probably an Evinrude e-tec (not interested in the new G2 series as I don’t feel its worth the extra 6 – 8k just for an extra 6km/hr of speed, and the faster take-off). Open to ideas and opinions, especially if you have had experience with one of these bigger boats. Our maximum budget would be $90,000.

These are four different boat that we are particularly interested in (will be towed by either a 2009 Diesel Nissan Patrol which can tow 3.2T, or a 2015 Nissan Pathfinder which can tow 3.0T, both fitted with Electric brakes):

NO #1: the Sea Jay 7.2 GS
Basic Specs: 4mm to 5mm plated, beam – 2.49m, hull weight - 1480kg, complete weight – boat/max HP motor/trailer – 2650kg weight, Glass Screen Hard top, 400L fuel tank, requires 200 – 250HP

SeajayPursuit.png
NO #2: Quintrex Yellow Fin 7400 HT
Basic Specs: 4mm to 6mm plated, beam – 2.40m, hull weight – 1265kg, complete weight – boat/max HP motor/trailer – 2200kg, Glass Screen Hard Top, 250L fuel tank, requires 200 – 250HP

Yellowfin7400HT.jpg

NO #3 Quintrex Trident 690 HT
quintrex trident.JPGBasic Specs: 3mm to 5mm plated, beam – 2.48m, hull weight – 1130kg, complete weight – boat/max HP motor/trailer – 2150kg, Glass Screen Hard Top, 200L fuel tank, requires 150 – 250HP

NO #4 Stacer Ocean Ranger 7.39 HT
Basic Specs: 4mm to 5mm plated, beam – 2.49m, hull weight – 1248kg, complete weight – boat/max HP motor/trailer – 2180kg, Glass Screen Hard Top, 215L fuel tank, requires 130 – 250

Stacer.png

44 minutes ago, Doyley said:

All boats I would be happy to own!  Would the Extreme Boats - Game King series be an option as well?

I did think about the Extreme boats, but the 7m or bigger boats....WAY out of my price range. The starting price of the 700 Extreme Game King is $120,000, with average price being $150,000.

We also did think about fiberglass, but that has been ruled out as an option due to their much heavier weight than an aluminum plate boat of the same size, and because aluminum boats can take a bit more in terms of handling (not that we are rough, but its just nice not having to worry about accidental damage when mooring, launching/retrieving, etc...

Archived