rumrunners maiden voyage to the 20 fathom reefs

rumrunner

whatnow wrote:

so were all the other fish real small?

and i dont have a clue what that is

most of them were! but the butter bream were the biggest ive seen approx 25cm high and 20cm long

the std bream was approx 25-30cm but i dont measure or keep bream i hate them they are only fun to catch!B)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nastymind wrote:

Hey guys, i'm pretty pumped for this fishing trip.

Can you tell me what the worst weather could before it's a no goer. (if that makes sense)

How big are these reefs? (approximate height and spread)

Are there any known bait grounds around that way?

the worst weather i will go out there in would be a little bigger then yesterday:S

the weather said 4ft at 9 sec appart but i would say more like 6ft at 6 sec:blink:

so if it says about the same for the 24th it will be good,

but im hoping for a pretty flat day because i got a bit sick yesterday,

i was also thinking of a back up plan incase the report says good but its a bit rugh when we get there?

i will have a think about that and if any 1 has any ideas let me know

as for bait grounds what bait are you after?

i saw allot of baitfish close to the south straddie rock wall about 200mtrs from where we are meeting at wavebreak isl.;)

ryno1983 wrote:

ive got a mark for a bait reef not far out. Ive never tried there but a mate says its good for it. So we could try there on the way out.

if its not to much trouble could you post the coordinats? so i can have a look on google earth where they are in relation to the 20's:huh:

or pm me if ya dont want others to see?

It all sounds really good.

Most of my gear is for offshore though.

Do i need to bring light stuff?

Unfortunately i sold my Daiwa Luna 103 and Okuma V200 outfits before moving to Brisbane.

I could always use my work rods but I'd rather not bring them if i'm not gonna need them.

I get a little too rough when fishing offshore and always seem to break something fragile.

It's not good when you don't own it.

well the weather is not looking too good for the weekend:angry:

my report says its raining on sat and blowing a gale on sun, with 1.7mtr waves all weekend

i will wait and see if it changes befor i call off the trip:(

what do you guys think?

does your report say the same?:huh:

ive spent the day rigging up double snell and sliding snells settups and i just got back from bigW with a kilo of snapper sinkers so im ready and waiting if this weather passes:woohoo:

i agree!;)

i dont mind light rain or moderate winds but if its to big outside i was thinking of trying the rockwall and if no luck there then keep trying different drift spotts allong straddie,

ill be keen to try anywhere all the way to the pin,

im dont know that area too well for fishing spotts, my normal fishing spotts are around the pin!B)

Hey guys,

Im well keen but if its not looking good tommorrow for sat. I might pull out and head out a weekday next week. I have to rely on the old man and being his own boss he can pick and choose days to take off and if we head out saturday and its no good then i wont get him out on a week day next week. Lets just hope the weather is kind.

Nastymind wrote:

Can anyone tell me where I should be looking at a weather forecast?

I have been checking out Goldcoast and i only see max of 13 knots on Saturday with 5-6 feet swell at 9 second intervals.

I must be looking at the wrong forecast 'cause that's pretty schmick weather to me.

hey nasty i use these: http://buoyweather.com/wxnav6.jsp?region=AS&program=Maps

and
/>http://www.bom.gov.au/

and
/>http://www.seabreeze.com.au/graphs/qld4.asp

The weather (apart from a few showers) is looking alright for you.

Will everyone be using their stereo or will one be sufficient:P :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hope you all have a good M&G and drag a few good ones onboard. At least more than we did last weekend :pinch:. Looking forward to seeing a few pics of a decent catch.:woohoo:

Archived