Late Start Hinze Eastern Arm.

rayke1938

Noticed a vibration just before Mudgeeraba  and thought a tyre was starting to delaminate and pulled up at the exit and had a good look and nothing was evident . I did not check trailer tyres as they are brand new. Drove on with vibration becoming worse and pulled up again and checked once more and was in process of ringing RACQ thinking something was radically wrong with new car when Mark pulled up and spotted trailer wheel only secured by one nut. I then had the choice of returning home to pick up another hub or waiting for spare parts mob at mudgeeraba to open at 7.30.Picked up another hub when they opened but they only had hubs with holden bearings so I pulled the ford bearings out of old hub and finally got on the road by 8am. I used to carry a spare hub and wheel assembly but had not got around to mounting it on the new trailer.

Lesson learnt the hard way.

The hub at mudgeeraba cost me $50 and I dropped into Allied at Beenleigh on the way home and got another one with ford bearings for $25.

Also getting the tyre put on a spare rim that I have as a couple of the stud holes were a bit flogged out.Fortunately the rim was still serviceable for the rest of the trip and I did not have to get another rim in Mudgeeraba .

Cheers

Ray

Posted 2 hours ago · Report post

2 hours ago, benno573 said:

The tandan looks a bit like @ellicat first thing in the morning...

There is a strong resemblance especially before he has his first durry.:)

Cheers

Ray

First thing in the morning hey ....... assume you mean 11am ......... :whistle:  Glad it worked out for you Ray - reminds me that I need to check mine. 

Archived