Handic 605 Channel Help

MarkMitch

Hello again, when i brought my boat it came with a old handic 605 marine cb and has some taggs clued to the top of it with numbers. (A 27.880 DIST) (B 27.860 SUP D) (C 27.900 C.GD) i know these are channels and the A is the distress one but what is the B and C channel used for? i havint used it yet as im installing it back onto the boat asap because the other night i couldnt find the boat ramp were my trailer was parked i was relying on my phone nav and the **** went flat so i sorta got lost and needed help,, can anyone give me info on the channels pls... cheers

Channels 86 and 88 are both distress channels whilst 90 is ship to shore.

Channel 96 is your standard ship to ship when chatting to mates on the water.

Generally channels 90 to 96 are used by rec boaties/fishermen while above and below those channels are reserved for distress and commercial shipping.

Definitely check first though as it has been quite a few years since I have used a standard 27 meg marine radio.

hmm ok so i been reading more about the 27 MHz  they say there discontinuing of distress, safety and urgency monitoring of 27 MHz by volunteer marine rescue agencies so boaters are encouraged to purchase VHF radio equipment and ensure they are appropriately certified for its use... so dose that mean i gotta do a course so i can use the VHF radio equipment?

Archived