Good Locations For Onshore Fishing

K.yo

Hi there, 

i moved upto Qld 2 years ago and I find that onshore fishing is quite lacking of catching dinner! 

I have tried Jacobs creek, Redland bay and port of Brisbane but no luck. I use blue bait & squid and was wondering if anyone can help a girl out as it's becoming a lost love of mine as it's not as fun as it used to be. 

I'm located south of Brisbane but am happy to travel up north or down the coast of needed be.

thanks! 

There are so mant locations to choose from!

I think sometimes people can be a bit tight lipped with locations as afterall they may have worked hard to find them out. But advice on techniques, stratagies etc can be more forthcoming. Being species specific is also a big help.

For example if you were chasing whiting I would suggest Lota on a low tide, specifically with live blood worms or live yabbies.

I usually ask for the latter and try my luck and apply some common sense to work out locations. 

Welcome to the site I hope this helps narrow down some info...

Also pitch for deckie spots.

Anyone got spare deckie spot for blakesleys?

Angus

Hi and welcome to the site. 

Land based fishing for a feed in brisbane can be difficult. The brisbane river at colmslie, new farm and even west end can turn up some good catches, bream and flathead are probably the best targets.

if you are willing to head up or down the coast the options really open up a lot.

up coast - golden beach Caloundra down to the mouth of bells creek is well worth a look for whiting, flathead and bream. There are some good fish to be had around bribie as well but I don't fish there a lot so won't comment too much on that one. Around kawana and mooloolaba there are good fish to be caught around la balsa park, and on the eastern rock groyn at the mouth of the river. There's also good beach fishing along a lot of the beaches, my fav is kawana beach for dart, bream, tailor and flathead. Bait is right at your feet, pippies and if you're able worms - definitely not something I'm good at. 

Down the the coast there is so many land based spots where you can catch a feed it would take hours to list them all. The foreshores around runaway bay, Labrador, over at the spit, the mouth of tallebudgera or currumbin creek, off the beach at tugun. The southern rock wall at the mouth of the tweed is a great spot too, be aware that it is in NSW so you will need a fishing licence.

Keep your eye out for decky or tag along spots on here as well, there's a lot of land based fishos on here.

Archived