Exploring Borumba Dam

tugger

Went up to Borumba dam over the weekend with Richard to check out the area before next months social stayed atnthe camp ground just below the dam wall it was an awesome spot with good shade and plenty of bbq shelters. The camping was only $10 a night and the showers were tidy and plenty of hot water, Yabba creek is right beside the camp ground with heaps of skinny water to yak down and heaps of bigger pools for fish holding up in.

The dam is beautiful with thick forest boardering most of it including large stands of bunya pines, the deer were roaring all around the dam with mating season upon us. We found fishing hard as did everyone else as the water was still dirty from the recent heavy rain but we still managed a few bass and a yella on the 1st day. Last day we found the saratoga rising in the morning and i gad a few takes on my jitterbug lure but had them spit it out each time with the 1st bit of tenson on the line it was good to see them risning all around us there were plenty of them.

20170408_140856.thumb.jpg.d42c25255c9aa7b3f27d6a936aa64cf0.jpg

20170408_113024.thumb.jpg.633e5c0993fde0046be3805eccce518e.jpg

For my 1st time up to the dam i did more exploring than fishing and got a good idea what to do next month for the social up there and if anyone is new to the dam as well just don't worry about asking anything if i don't know it i will find out for you.

23 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Nice one Mark would have a been a nice weekend for it.

Top weather and weekend very quiet at the camp and dam would have only been 8 boats maximum on the dam at one time most of the time only 5 or 6 boats and only 8 seperate camps and this was during school holidays

13 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Noosaville was relatively quiet too - wonder if the effects of TC Debbie derailed some peoples plans for the first week of the school hols.

Talking to other fishos there they sAid the dirty water made it hard fishing

4 hours ago, Binder said:

It is a nice dam, usually the ski lice put me off it, main bay like a washing machine and boat ramp area like a refugee camp.

You did very well getting ti so quiet - Probably people thought it would be closed and made plans to go elsewhere.

2 ski boats is all we saw

Archived