Beyond South Passage Bar

tugger

Left wellington point ramp on Anzac day with Julian following us out over south passage bar and on to our 1st spot, drifting over the reef we floatlined pillies down for some snapper we started to hook plenty of bonito which we kept for future baits. Moving around watching the sounder we tried to find the snapper we worked hard slowly we managed to boat 6 snapper up to 50cm for the box on this reef before moving on. We tried a few more reefs as we worked our way to boat rock where we settled on the anchor and got in to some more bottom dwellers.

The trevally moved in and gave us plenty of fun on the light gear and we kept a few of the bigger ones for the box we also got the odd snapper in amogst them along with a nice tusky and moses perch.  It was a good session on these trevally and after bleeding the ones we kept they turned out pretty nice on the chew here is our final tally

20170425_162535.thumb.jpg.6bd8bda4a0b2c45bbb8a27117770eec6.jpg

On the way home i ran in to a mate in the rous channel and after a chin wag we headed back towards the ramp and his boat ran outmof fuel 200m from the ramp leads so we towed him in and he gave me the goss on the wahoo off stradie so that will be my next plan when i get out next.

Archived