Bali Fishing Charter Report

The Mad Hughesy

So my Bali fishing charter wasn’t all I hoped it to be (form a fishing point of view) but it was still a fun day out. We head 30mins out and fished around Nusa Penida island in 50-120m of water. The day was spent jigging varying sizes of jigs from 200gr down to 80gr. With not a lot of hits it was a tough days fishing. We only boated a few Green job fish and 2 cod which was a bummer but the views were second to none. The boat was only $600 for the day (4 people on board) including hotel transfers, food and drink. The boat itself was a 12m centre console with twin 150’s on the back, so it was a great fishing boat. The ride back was a little rough when the reality set in about not having any safety brief when we got on board and not being able to see any life jackets...hmmm

Highlight of the trip was when we arrived back on shore, some locals cooked out catch which we ate straight away…talk about fresh! Was nice to eat the fish the way that the locals do, it was a really nice touch to the day. I must admit, the fish head soup did not look appetising at all but I figured…when in Rome! To my surprise, it was delicious and im glad I gave it a crack. Cant wait to book another trip back.

IMG_4835.thumb.JPG.08a83cb20434de56fa3804f101af0a57.JPGIMG_4361.thumb.JPG.8d0d22d67d3b871358cf50fa57e89ebd.JPGIMG_4367.thumb.JPG.cafed81db37498041a5b0c1c7f6304f5.JPGIMG_4380.thumb.JPG.fd6839765be48dca335eff9f4421ee65.JPGIMG_4382.thumb.JPG.56eb230c0dd659ad84ee76a90d7ea97d.JPGIMG_4386.thumb.JPG.5b255c27770d286390dd221e138bb320.JPG

4 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Nice one Chris, something a bit different :)  That cigarette soup looks a bit light on for broth though ........ :whistle:

I'm certainly not one that's good at spelling and make many mistakes, BUT it's always good to call out a teacher on theirs.

"ciguatera" cigarette ha,ha :whistle:

Nicest part of Bali.  Looking at it from a distance. Looks nice from the boat. Pity about the lack of fish for you. 

Jobs will eat anything. Caught 10kg+ models up Fraser way.

First one I ever got had me guessing what the hell it was. Looked tasty so I kept it. Was delicious. Awesome shaped head when they're big and in shallow water up to 40m they just don't give up.

Yes indeed. 

I pulled a head in up there that was just under 4kg. He was a big fish. Just can't get them to the boat in time. When you think it's given up, off they go again. 

Great sport fish if you can beat the toothed critters.  

12 hours ago, Luvit said:

I'm certainly not one that's good at spelling and make many mistakes, BUT it's always good to call out a teacher on theirs.

"ciguatera" cigarette ha,ha :whistle:

Haha ..... can't work out if you're serious or just need to look at the photo a bit closer ........... :whistle:;)

13 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Haha ..... can't work out if you're serious or just need to look at the photo a bit closer ........... :whistle:;)

Yes I was serious, seeing the photos on the phone without glasses I didn't see the ash tray.:no: 

Now you know, I can't, spell, can't see and I'm not funny.

Please accept my apology :flowers:

Archived