Gold Coast Canal Bream Fishing

PREDATOR

Hi Guys,

Hit the canals last week around Surfers and Robina chasing bream. The fish are definitely responding better to plastics sub 3 inch such as the z mann swimz and grubz and berkley ripple shads. I have also got them on zx30's, cranka crabs and hard bodies fished along rock walls. The twitch twich pause technique with the hard bodies has been quite successful for me of late.

Fishing this part of the system is fairly new to me, I haven't ventured much out of Hope Island but there's some good fish to be had around the Southport/Surfers area, i'll definitely be fishing this space a lot more.

I also just got back from Thailand and spent a few days at a fishing resort. I had my heart set on catching an Aripaima but no beans... still managed to tangle with a few massive carp, one of them (which I lost at the net) was a 140lber Siamese Carp and Pacu. Some of these Asian Carp species fight just like monster tuna. I was getting seriously stretched on 80lb. If you ever get out to that part of the world, definitely check this place out.

Enjoy the pics guys!

June Fish 1.jpg

June Fish 2.jpg

June Fish 3.jpg

June Fish 4.jpg

June Fish 5.jpg

June Fish 6.jpg

June Fish 7.jpg

June Fish 8.jpg

Archived