Pb Snapper

tugger

Headed out through south passage with Gary and old face from this site we had plans to drift and floatline for snapper and the fish didn't shy away they were on the chew. We got snapper hiting the decks regularly then gary hooks a big fish fighting it all the way to the boat he got his PB snapper right there with a solid fish of 75cm long. We bagged out on solid fish within the hour nothingmunder 40cm with some better fish over 50 and 60cm. The weather was perfect and a quick trip home iced the cake and after a few cold beers we had fillted the days catch.

20170626_082350.thumb.jpg.f46130d72be42fc59a22458d7e9911a0.jpg

It was definitely a cracker day for it.  I never thought to see the day that Tugger would get annoyed with only snapper coming into the boat, but we couldn't keep them off the line.  Even once we moved to target other species, we kept pulling up snaps!

Thanks again for the fantastic trip out Tugger.  I'm kind of regretting going back to the US in a couple weeks to visit family, it means fewer annual leave days to burn when the weather is looking good and you are short a deckie :D

Just now, demarc said:

Awesome work Gary. Sorry I missed you on weekend... been 3 years too long.

Agreed mate!  We'll catch up again soon.   Your snapper on the weekend crushed mine though!  Both Tugger and I were hoping to pip you and I reckon we each hooked a fish after mine came on board that just could've done it.  His pulled hooks and mine snapped the line. :(

I thought you might have been a bit rusty when it comes to wetting a line Gary you have been away from the scene for a while but you were straight in to them and putting qaulity snaps in the box. It was only a 50 minute run home and the islands help flatten out the water to get a good ride for my tinnie and we didn't have to slow down for the bar either or i think you said what bar.

On Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at 4:30 PM, Luvit said:

Float lining is a fun way to catch them, congrats on a nice fish Gary.

We had some of the snaps hitting our baits half way down in the water column they were feeding aggressively it is such a rush when they strip line off so quickly before you engage the reel

Archived