First Real Stab At Schoolies In The New Boat.

Drop Bear

So I am heading out this morning with sister drop bear, brother in law drop bear and nephew drop bear. 

Heading to the sand dunes and then north looking for bait schools.

It seems that the sounder is working really well even at 28 knots and with a bit of a chop. 

It rides really well. Yesterday I didn't check what it was actually blowing but it seemed like 15knots sse? something like that.  Into the wind I did about 14 knots and while slow was very comfortable. with the wind did around 18 knots and again very comfortable. I rolled down the front of a few bigger waves and it kept tracking really nicely. I had been concerned that it would want to turn and as its a tiller it would be hard to control but no problems with this. 

The fuel gauge is rubbish and not at all reliable. with 4 trips around green and mud etc it had used 50 ltrs out of the 80 ltr tank. I am putting in a 10 ltr can today that will be a permanent part of the boat. 

Wish me luck today. :)

So we stooged around Harry's and up to the Desert. No bait schools so stopped at the Rouse and picked up a few Whiting. they were pretty thin on the ground.

We poked over to the small ship channel but didn't get a bite. 

Head to the deep water west of the channel and saw some bait but had no luck.

Oh well.... next time.

Water temp is 82.7oF .... I have to work out how to change that... so hopefully in a few weeks it will warm up a little and the spotties will come in. 

On 12/27/2017 at 5:35 PM, Drop Bear said:

So we stooged around Harry's and up to the Desert. No bait schools so stopped at the Rouse and picked up a few Whiting. they were pretty thin on the ground.

We poked over to the small ship channel but didn't get a bite. 

Head to the deep water west of the channel and saw some bait but had no luck.

Oh well.... next time.

Water temp is 82.7oF .... I have to work out how to change that... so hopefully in a few weeks it will warm up a little and the spotties will come in. 

Pretty sure you change it in Settings>System Settings>Advanced Settings>units>metric.

Archived