Hows The Pine

SMARTY60

The big run of prawns was a couple of weeks ago, with quite a few people telling me they scored well for a week and a half, things have gone quiet at the moment but expect another good run coming into the dark side of the moon phrase later this week.

Be Aware there is a 10 litre max IN POSSESSION limit (many like to play ignorant on this one). I offended an old aquaintance last week when skited he went prawning every second day during this period and was getting a bucket full each time with little time put in and his family was sick of eating prawns every second meal.   When I pointed out that he knew the limits he laughed it off. This guy and I over the years while fishing together, have had many long chats about our fisheries, conservation and the constant attack by groups wanting to heap the total responsibilities of sustainable fishing practices  solely on rec fisho`s. When I pointed out to him the fishing ethics he likes to preach to people, should be the ones he practices when he`s alone and no one around watching him, he was quite offended WTF... I often like fishing by myself ;)   

2 hours ago, Gad said:

The big run of prawns was a couple of weeks ago, with quite a few people telling me they scored well for a week and a half, things have gone quiet at the moment but expect another good run coming into the dark side of the moon phrase later this week.

Be Aware there is a 10 litre max IN POSSESSION limit (many like to play ignorant on this one). I offended an old aquaintance last week when skited he went prawning every second day during this period and was getting a bucket full each time with little time put in and his family was sick of eating prawns every second meal.   When I pointed out that he knew the limits he laughed it off. This guy and I over the years while fishing together, have had many long chats about our fisheries, conservation and the constant attack by groups wanting to heap the total responsibilities of sustainable fishing practices  solely on rec fisho`s. When I pointed out to him the fishing ethics he likes to preach to people, should be the ones he practices when he`s alone and no one around watching him, he was quite offended WTF... I often like fishing by myself ;)   

Good on ya Gad, not enough people speaking out on this, my 10 year old Grandson got me into a bit of trouble early this year at Donnybrook boat ramp for chipping a couple of young guys about keeping undersize bream, turned out alright though, after a bit of a discussion gave away one of my best yabbie pumping banks and we left on good terms

MSB 

13 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Prawns all eaten now. We are planning a trip to Lamb on Thursday. Se'd be more than happy if you wanted to follow in a boat to see where they are. 

Good hunting DB. keep an eye on BOM`s Coral Sea Cyclone Watch section and marine forecasts later in the week the low that`s building up, may have started throwing some rough conditons our way.

Archived