Another stingray to celebrate END OF EXAMS!!

viperon1982

Wooohoo! Went to Bretts last nite with a mate to celebrate end of exams. And what a wonderful way to wet and christian my new toy, a shiny beautiful Daiwa Coastal Inshore baitcaster reel!

Fought a good 15mins as I was using reasonably light tackle this time round. Everytime I brought it near the pontoon it'd scream off. Best fight ever for me as I've never had a big fish on light tackle!

The bad thing about last night was that it was a pregnant mum.. *sigh* I didn't realise til while I was bleeding it, it shat the tiny little babies out. Darn cutest thing ever, lil white fellas, about 10. I still feel real awful though.. :(

Unfortunately my stupid nokia phone camera doesn't work these days and no pics taken. Sorry guys!

Venue: Bretts Wharf

Date: 15th Nov 2007

Time: 2am

Rod: Shakespeare Custom Stik 6\" Medium BC 4-7kg

Reel: Daiwa Inshore Coastal BC

Main: PowerPro Red spectra braid (it's really worth the price!!)

Leader: Cajun 50lb red mono

Rig: Paternoster with 1/0 long shank baitholder, size 3 star sinker.

Bait: Live herring

No I dont think it was meant to give birth yet. Premature I think. I think that's what a lotta animals do, and even humans, we all shit ourselves when we die. And in this mumma's case, her babies.. *sighs again*

They were real cute though, 2inches long.. I threw them back into the water, hoping they'd survive.

How do we tell if a stingray's pregnant? I realised when I caught it, the stingray was a little bloated near the bottom half. Possibly the sac that held the babies? I didn't think of it much til I saw the babies. Not sure if that's a surefire way of identifying a pregnant mum.

Archived