Shorny is great for rays and shovels!

viperon1982

Juz got home from Shorny, it's teeming with rays and shovel heads as well as big cats. Everyone fishing there was pulling up stingrays and shovels almost consecutively! *looks out for Terry* haha.

So yeah, to all the Asians and stingray lovers, head on down to Shorny now!

My catch: 1 stingray, 1 shovel head, 2 BIG catties.

Mate's catches: 1 shovel head, 1 bream (27cm).

bazsmith wrote:

Where you off the jetty?

Yeap I was right at the end. Was there from 4-7ish pm. Bloody damn windy though, couldn't get my casting as far out as I'd like. :(

boon wrote:

What bait were u using?

Squid squid and MORE squid. Fresh squid from the tackle shop. Wanted to try squid-jigging but the wind was just messing up my line.. argh..

werewolf wrote:

any pics of the shovels? What size? They put up a tremendous fight when they get bigger!

They were all pretty small though. Nothing fantastically huge! Pics coming rite up! [img size=375]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1080640.JPG

post-1277-144598432372_thumb.jpg

Oh I forgot to mention, the shovels were released! hehe.. They were so small, figured there wouldn't be too much meat on them. i guess you'd cook them the same way you would stingrays or bullies? I'd do a sambal on it anytime! hehe!

Sorry I can't help much, coz I've never eaten shovels before. Perhaps some of the members can help out here?

Archived