A few videos from my last Thailand trip.

Bob9863

Both, the 1st one was bait at a little park in town, there's usually a few people fishing there but not crowded. 

It was actually on an episode of monster carp actually. 

The 2nd place you usually book it for yourself, they sell arapima to other fishing parks so they don't like to over fish theirs. 

That and they don't need to, they make the money selling arapima so the fishing is more just to cover operating costs. 

It's great fishing a big park like that all to yourself, there might be parks with bigger fish but this, place still has some good fish and it's, cheap and peaceful. 

You can actually walk around flicking lures, not just fishing from a set stand like you do at the big parks. They have also done a lot of work to the place since I was there last, built full guest facilities with shower, nice place to eat with fans and to keep the beer cold. 

It's great, I've got two that I go too where I'm always by myself. 

It's great fishing a, park like that with no other pressure or cast after cast stirring up the fish. 

But some of the more heavily fished smaller parks are great too, one that I like only has smaller Mekong catfish in it up to 25kg, but it's got an absolute ton of them and it's not uncommon to catch 30-40 in a, session. Brilliant fun on lighter gear, I've got some videos of that somewhere too. 

Here's one from a few years back taken with my phone at a park I like going to with my BIL. 

Not many big fish, but a thousand good fish, just look at the feeding frenzy in the back ground. 

But 4 Min from cast to catching shows how good the action there gets. I think from memory we got over 30 between us in 3 hours fishing.