snapper in the freezer

Thorbjorn Hale

1 hour ago, Junky said:

Geez I hope not, not that I have to worry at this stage but every other season I had snapps in the freezer. 

I'd say they'd have to get you returning to ramp with them in the esky, otherwise like you say, how can it be proven they are caught in the closed season. 

Glad to hear I’m not the only one haha

On 02/08/2023 at 7:24 AM, Thorbjorn Hale said:

The sashimi was really tasty though, with some salt and a bit of lemon. I cryovacced both snapper fillets which makes it come out the freezer tasting just a little worse than fresh but much better than a ziplock bag

I like vacuum sealing things too. However good quality zip lock bags can be utilised well. I did it for years before I bought a vacuum sealer.

With zip locks if you put what you want in the bag then carefully immerse it in water to the level of the zip lock and seal it you can get nearly all of the air out 👍

32 minutes ago, Bretto77 said:

I like vacuum sealing things too. However good quality zip lock bags can be utilised well. I did it for years before I bought a vacuum sealer.

With zip locks if you put what you want in the bag then carefully immerse it in water to the level of the zip lock and seal it you can get nearly all of the air out 👍

That works really good Brett, I use that method when using sous vide cooking.

• 4 weeks later...