John Palermo Charter

Dimo

Hey Fellow Fishos, On Saturday 15th December I headed out to the Wynnum Harbour to Board John Palermos Boat and head out on my first charter. My morning started of with a flat tyre and had to call my work mate Dave to pick me up and take me. Anyway things got better. When we all arrived at the boat we headed off about 6:30am. John Palermo and his Deckie Jason Done well and didnt let us down. We headed out about 30km off Morten. We fished from 29 meters to 65 meters. We landed lots of fish. We caught Squire/Snapper, Mahi Mahi (Dolphin Fish), Sweetlip, Moses Perch. My first hit was a big one it felt like a frieght train, The spool screamed, never in my life have I felt anything like this. I fought it for 10 minutes and got no where, eventually I lost it. :( . My catch of the day was 2 Mahi Mahi, One which was the seconded biggest caught. So you could say I was a Happy Chappy. John and the Deckie Jason where great and I wouldnt hesitate on going on the charter again with them.

a.jpg

Johns Boat

b.jpg

c.jpg

Jason the Deckie

dave.jpg

Dave with the Snapper

e.jpg

Jason with the Mahi Mahi

i.jpg

The Catch

k.jpg

Me with one of my Mahi Mahi

Looks like a great day. I went out with John a few months ago, we were getting a few snapper on board every drift. He really knows where to find the fish. I will definatly be heading out with them again.

I wasnt sure how they went when the snapper aren't on... obviously very well!

Archived