brisbane river session #247

AUS-BNE-FISHO

You know what Hamish, it was quiet, but you got do something that only fishermen can do. Enjoy that moment in a space that only fishermen can!

A couple of years ago, Margie and I were checking out properties in Buxton (near Burrum Heads) and spent an afternoon on the Buxton Jetty on the last of the runout tide.
We caught nothing but saltwater catties, hand over fist, and they were mutilating all my soft plastics, but you know what, it was a glorious session on light gear and we loved every moment!

Salmon tail cats aren't the most popular fish to catch in the BR, but you know what, bull sharks love them almost as much as eels.

I think it sounds like you had a slightly quiet but pleasant morning on the BR.

You are quite skilled and an articulate and a valuable contributor who  consistently adds a great deal of value to this forum.
I always enjoy your posts and know there will always be more coming!

13 hours ago, Sylvathorn said:

You know what Hamish, it was quiet, but you got do something that only fishermen can do. Enjoy that moment in a space that only fishermen can!

A couple of years ago, Margie and I were checking out properties in Buxton (near Burrum Heads) and spent an afternoon on the Buxton Jetty on the last of the runout tide.
We caught nothing but saltwater catties, hand over fist, and they were mutilating all my soft plastics, but you know what, it was a glorious session on light gear and we loved every moment!

Salmon tail cats aren't the most popular fish to catch in the BR, but you know what, bull sharks love them almost as much as eels.

I think it sounds like you had a slightly quiet but pleasant morning on the BR.

You are quite skilled and an articulate and a valuable contributor who  consistently adds a great deal of value to this forum.
I always enjoy your posts and know there will always be more coming!

Thanks @Sylvathorn, I just I wish I could catch a few more fish haha. 

3 hours ago, Neil Stratford said:

You certainly put in the effort Hamish .

Change of season fishing is always a bit tough .

Keep at it , that PB Thready or Jew is just around the corner!

Regards

Neil

Cheers Neil, fingers crossed.