Noosa spots

creature100

Mate i usually start at the river mouth and work my way slowy around the point until you end up in woods bay. Flicking plastics this way you are likely to get Bream, Flatties, Cod and Trevs. Lots of structure in the water on the north facing side of the point where bream hang out in numbers.

Another good spot in Munna point. Its dredged here and bait fish school up there. Becuase of the bait, surface action caused by trevs and tailor (and the odd Quennie) can be seen here.

There is a lot more to the Noosa River, but these are really good starting points.

Red X: Starting Point. Follow The arrows.

Green X: Woods Bay.

Orange Asterix: Munna Point.

i fish noosa quite often. the river is really good, however, i would rather do a short treck in the national park and find a nice spot on one of the beaches or rocks. the fishing is fantastic, and most of all, you are pretty much alone. and if you really want to try some land based game fishing, try teh hells gates area, (it is a bit dangerous) but boy you can catch some serious fish there. few months back, i caught a 5 kg amberjack and i lost a monster ( i had 10 kg line). but i know there are bigger fish there.

in the river try the areas Angus suggested they are good for flathead bream and cod where the red arrows are. also try the sheraton bridge. there is heaps of structure and deap water. there are jacks, bream, trevs, even taylor.

but as its holiday time, go early or go late, and PLEASE bring insect repellent when going around those red arrowed areas. i have been anhihalited by sandflies and mosquitoes.

good luck, you will love it

Head up river past the vehicle ferry, as you head towards the first lake, just before it is an old ferry/barge anchored near the mangroves. Slightly back a little and across the river from this barge, I found this a top spot, heaps of bait fish in the berley trail attracting the bigger stuff. Picked up some nice trevaly around there just last week. BTW used pelets in the burley bucket. The current can get strong there, one day wasnt too bad with clear water, the next day was strong and murkey water (not as good), good luck. Oh, and used prawns for bait.

Archived