UL around the rocks@newstead

kevinchen19870316

fished for 4hrs at newstead this arvo and had the following results

3 bream 10cm(estimated), 25cm(estimated) and 29cm(measured)

12 moses perch all around the same size :blink: around 20cm

3 cod biggest 31cm, the rest r tiny

N pike all small ( N>20):P

6 dropped, 3 of them r suspected bream with the other 3 dropped after good long runs

8 bust offs after long runs with drag screaming for over 4 seconds. :ohmy:

3 short but slow runs, all resulted in bust offs.

all fish landed were on 1/32 jighead with powerbait jerkbait 2'

all bust offs were on 1/16 jighead with 2' shrimp lime.

lost 3 packets of jigheads and 2 packets of gulp shrimp in total. expensive day!

Sounds like a great sesh Kev. We've got to hook up down there - I was there this afternoon as well - but up the other end from the pontoon as I had the pram. I was using gulp fry and sx40's and fished for about an hour. Every cast with the sp's id get hit but only hooked up a couple of times, and the HBs were only good for cod close in. Let me know when you're there next - I'm on leave at the moment and I'm fishing on a daily basis. Sometimes two or three times a day (but not always at Newstead).

Finally took my wife fishing today and she took some action shots - great fun... [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/ns2.jpg

post-2098-144598450631_thumb.jpg

Kev Kev Kev lol

You finally get an ultra light combo and go and use it where you should be using your bait caster lol.:laugh:

Go and throw your lures around Nudgee creek or even better Tweed Heads and you'll have the time of your life!:cheer:

I usually have to stick to 1/16th heads with #4 or #2 hooks to a. get the fry moving on the drop and b. actually hook up to them - but yeh there's loads of follows and hits around there without hooking up. The main thing I dislike about the walkway is the low-tide skull drag and then the release is more like skydiving for the fish - you're that far from the water. Better when its almost full. Have you ever been hassled on the pontoon or do you avoid it?

Nige

Archived