Hole in cast net

webbfunk

Has anyone tried / bothered to mend a hole in their cast net?

My net got caught on a submerged log from all the debris running down the river a while ago at Kookaburra park.

I was thinking maybe of just tying some lengths of mono across the hole ( which is about 30cm wide of a 6 foot net )

Mate i actually know how to hang a net..if u need any help i can help u mend it properly...buy me a beer and i'll have it good as new ....Not that i'm begging for a beer or anything , but a beer while i'm showing how to mend a net is a small price to ask i reckon. Good way to make friends etc

TerryH wrote:

Yeah I've done it. there's special ways to tie it all together mate, a quick google search on cast net repairs should get you in the right direction.

If you tie it together any old way it can greatly affect the performance of the net on casting etc.

Is that so mate? I never knew:huh: I normally just thread some mono through the gaping holes I make and then tie it off. I find cast netting in the upper Brisbane River is a risky affair, and I tend to go through at least one net per shark season:S

TerryH wrote:

ellicat: what you got against cable ties mate? They're great for rigging baits, holding things shut, zip tying your rod or paddle to roof racks...... the list is endless :D

Nothing against them mate. I have a couple of packets in my tackle bag too;)

However I couldn't resist the cheap shot at Benno after his description -

"quick, easy and cheap."

Archived