Rosco Bass Catcher 500

Wookie

Hi guys I am thinking of buying a Rosco Bass Catcher 500 and I was wandering if anyone has any feed back. I know it’s not a Kayak but a canoe is a better choice for my family. I will be fitting it out with an electric (40); rod holders fish finder etc.Any feed back would be great.

Wookie, I have a Rosco. I think it is the Bass Catcher 300 (4.3m). I have a kota (40lb) on the back. You'll find the 40lb will be good for the 500. I bought the canoe many moons ago and am just getting some use out of it now that I am living @ Redcliffe. I have a single outrigger which allows easy standing and flicking of lures. I set up a number of rod holders throughout the canoe (2 to help with an easy troll). I also have set up rocket launchers in the middle to help with storage. The canoe also came with a sail attachment which I have used a couple of times and surprisingly goes well.

Yeh, the outrigger can be a pain at times, but have definitely benefited from it when 2 of us are fishing (like the ol' man who can't sit or stand still). I do have a couple of plans to change the outrigger design so that I can pull it out when I head up small creeks, but that is some way off.

Werewolf, my outrigger connects using the two cross beams. One thing that I do find handy is that I use the area semi wasted by having the outrigger for loading up crab pots and extra gear. For now I use netting, but in Yeppoon recently I saw a canoe with marine ply across the same area with esky storage.

I have a kingfisher canoe. They are great but the middle storage compartment is a bit unpractial becuse the lid is to small and you can't fit much in it. Iv'e got a 54 pound water snake electric on it and it goes good. Or have a look at this canoe http://cgi.ebay.com.au/awesome-fishing-canoe_W0QQitemZ290224402074QQihZ019QQcategoryZ33342QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Archived