Newest Members to the Fleet

Cowfish13

Guess what!!!

We've decided to get some Kayaks:woohoo::woohoo:

We are going to get two and one of them might be Terry's old one (waiting on reply to pm):cheer:

But does any body know of any available on other sites like AKFF that are pretty good value around the $800-1400 price bracket? paddle or peddle is fine, no real preference

Thanks guys,

PS: Can you tell I'm excited:woohoo::lol:

I had a bit of a search through google about the Predator and it sounds perfect:cheer: Found this on AKFF and it answered alot of my questions http://www.akff.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&p=154409

Sounds awesome for work around the Bay and close reefs, but nobody really said anything about its abilities in calm water places like dams and small creeks like Nundah and Schultz. Does anybody know if it would be suitable for places like these in terms of maneuverability? It sounds pretty long (4.65m), but I don't know much about Kayaks so I don't know if that's too long for these areas or not:)

Thanks

For the bay and open waters, at 4.65, it's fine but for smaller creeks it's turning cycle is a bit wide.

One thing with the yaks is that on windy days (which is often on the GC) you can get out of the wind by going up the little creeks. You will not find a yak "perfect for both" but all will do the job.

So pick the spots you are going to fish most and buy the yak suitable for there. Don't pick the yak for your dream spots because dream spots don't happen all that often, go for where you are going to fish most often.

Also I will get Alex from Viking to post here.

He is tied up this weekend at the tinnie and tackle show but he had a profish for ages and it served him well.

I fished with him in a couple of dams and up kedron brook and it was a sweet ride.

Angus

Brian D wrote:

For the bay and open waters, at 4.65, it's fine but for smaller creeks it's turning cycle is a bit wide.

One thing with the yaks is that on windy days (which is often on the GC) you can get out of the wind by going up the little creeks. You will not find a yak "perfect for both" but all will do the job.

So pick the spots you are going to fish most and buy the yak suitable for there. Don't pick the yak for your dream spots because dream spots don't happen all that often, go for where you are going to fish most often.

I see what your saying. Most of our fishing in them will be in rivers, creeks and dams, so the offshore abilities won't really be needed:dry:

Can anyone suggest a Kayak that would be suitable for creeks (ie good maneuverbility, stability and storage) but on half decent days, be able to go off places like Wello Pt? I'm a pretty fit person so super paddling abilities won't really be needed, but they would be nice:)

Viking would be good because the 10 year warrantee would be good to have. But I'm open to other offers.

Thanks

fishyman wrote:

speaking of yaks,

have a look at this, saw it on NCF and i am intrigued

/>http://www.flybridge.com.au/yak.html

If you have any past editions of QFM or B&B there was an article on those fold out pontoon yaks not to long ago maybe 2 or 3 editions ago

Beefa

Archived