Travel Hint SE Asia

rayke1938

When I was in Bangkok I spent up a few hundred dollars on my MasterCard and I received an email from their fraud section to confirm that the transactions were genuine and to ring them reverse charges.

Thought that was pretty cool and just kept on using it and enjoying ourselves.

I just got another email from them to check that all the transactions on my card were genuine and to give their security section another ring.

They again went through my account item by item to check that there were no fraudulent transactions.

The lady then said that is is Bank policy that due to the high incidence of fraud in SE Asia they are going to cancel and reissue my MasterCard.

Bummer I have several accounts paid automatically via my MasterCard and now will have to advise all of them my new card details.

I have now applied for another lower limit card to use exclusively for overseas trips to prevent the same happening next year. I will also use it for my overseas e bay purchases.

Commonwealth bank currently are issuing the second card fee free.

If you are contemplating an overseas trip I would advise that you contact your bank before going to avoid having to change your main card on return.

Judy has a visa card with St George bank and she hasn't heard from them so obviously different banks have different policies.

Cheers

Ray

Archived