South Africa

Leighton

Been a little bit of interest into a couple of my Pic.

With a nudge from kriso i will post a few more.

Most are from a trip last year to South Africa, my Girlfriend at the time and I had 3 weeks there.

Long and short was we flew into Johanasburg and drove the entire East coast to Cape Town.

4000km + in a Nissan Tida.

South Africa was also the place I proposed to my now wife

Must say, everything in SA is big, you see Elephants, Lions etc on TV and they dont do the Animal justice. For example an Adult Male Lion can weigh more than 250kg

So the big deal is to see what is known as the big five.

The term big five was given to Animals by Game Hunters. These animals were know to activly kill hunters not only when they were injured but also as prey.

Lion, Elephant, Rhino, Leopard and Buffalo

Some "tourist " places claim its the big 7, including Great White Sharks and the White Whale

The hardest being the Leopard to see.

If anyone is thinking of visiting South Africa, do it and feel free to ask for any info.

So in 3 weeks we saw 6 of the Big 7, got engaged, got chased by an Elephant, caught in a Buffalo stampede and got Robbed by a monkey. One bloke from Swaziland tried to charge me 17 Cows for my fiance and another just wanted to kill me [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/South_Africia_664_AFO.jpg

post-2505-144598460445_thumb.jpg

brisbane_boy wrote:

its a beautyful country,

i was born there but just a pitty bout the crime, if there wasnt any id probly still b there.

Yeah it is, we did not travel after dark.

Went out a few Nights in Cape Town, stuck to the Tourist places at Night for Dinner

batman wrote:

Great pics mate

Being from Cape Town I am stoked you had a cracking time!

Batty

Cape Town its self it a pretty amazing place

Plenty of tourist on the beach, supprised to not see anyone swimming.

Thought it looked ok, so decided to go for a dip. 15 deg..I found ou pretty quick why people were not swimming.

Pic of Cape Town taken from Robben Island Prison, Nelson Mandela was political prisoner here for 27 years [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/South_Africia_146_AFO.jpg

post-2505-144598460479_thumb.jpg

Rocket75 wrote:

Do they call it a game walk cause you have to be game to do it:silly:

Great pics mate, I think that baboon was happy to see you.

Congrats on the engagement too! If she had said "no" would you have traded her for the cows?:huh::P

Rocket

The animals are pretty scared of people, in bred fear of humans.

That Babbon was a classic, to lazy to walk across a bridge so he hitched a ride and sat in the shade of our car.

17 CowS in Swaziland, I could live the rest of my days like a King [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Babboon1_AFO.jpg

post-2505-144598460486_thumb.jpg

Angus wrote:

I really should scan some of mine in form RSA. Nice pics mate. A much better than average Leopard photo as well. We found them to be very elusive when I was working over there.

Angus

I know what you mean, usually its only a quick glimpse as they slink off. That one was only 5m from the road at Krueger National Park

Archived