solo mud run was great

rumrunner

hi

i did a solo trip to mud island on sat to test my new motor (rayke's old one) and do a bit of fishing in the process!

well the motor went great with the adj jack plate i got for it and there is definatly some fine tuning to get it going even better!

planes out in approx 2sec and reached a max speed of 68.7kms on the gps! (see how fast i can get it with some adjustments?)

now for the fishing!

after a hugely late start becuase of the rain, i didnt get in the water till 8:30!:angry:

but all was ok when i pulled anchor on mark no 59 (s/sw of mud) on the gps and got a huge hit as soon as the bait hit the bottom!:woohoo:

ova the next 2.5hrs i pulled in 2x blue tusk fish (venus tusk?) witch thaught they were both freight trains! 1x cod (dinner), 2x squire, 1x tarwine, 2 x grassies and 1 small big eyed red fish???

also had some realy good runns there aswell but they spat the hook all three times!

i saw a tuna about 15mtrs from the boat surficing and jumping all ova the show chasing a small bait fish! it was a cool!

cheers for looking

Ian. [img size=480]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/100_4222__Custom_.jpg

post-2165-144598461014_thumb.jpg

cheers mate!

666 ha your name should be Damon like my little fella!

weather was passable! only got rained on for 10min on the way out and the swell was nothing to write home about! i was travelling at 35kms on the way home from mud so not too bad at all!

both the cod and the tuskies were awsome fighters on the agility!

the tusk took the cake though imo!

i had the rod tight under my arm facing straight up and the tip was just touching the water on the big runns!

that agility kicks ass imo!!!

wiseguy wrote:

well done m8, a very exciting trip by the sounds of it!

theres always the 1 (or 3) that got away, thats the fun of it aye!

how big is ur boat/ engine?

gud luck (not that u relle seem to need it) next time u go out m8!

hi Wiseguy!

my boat is a 5.2mtr coxcraft rumrunner (17ft)

now fitted with a 03" mariner xl 115hp! with a 18p prop

old motor was an old 150 v6 and did 90kph with a 21p prop

cheers Ian

rayke1938 wrote:

Good trip and glad to see old motor going well. What was causing it to cough?

Cheers

Ray

hi Ray

it was the ignition advance leaver sticking! causing it to run retarted ign timing at idle! also was a bit lean!

i freed it up and serviced and sync'ed the carbies and reset the timing and off she goes!

my hull must weigh just a little bit more then the hydro because i could only get it to 68kph not 70kph like the hydro:laugh:

thanks again for the great deal mate!!!;)

ken is coming to have a look at the hydro this arvo!

cheers for the fish name cowfish!;)

Ian

bretto wrote:

Did you keep the venus tusk fish. Best eatin fish around IMO.

no i didnt!:(

im not sure what the legal sise is?

i remember last time i got one a few years ago i got pulled up by the fisho's and hounded about not cutting there side fin off!

but was one the best fish i have eaten imo!

cheers bretto and rocket!

Archived