BoM

Nastymind

Hi guys,

When i judge the weather i keep my eye on 3 different websites and average it out, highly regarding the one i trust the most.

These 3 sites are buoyweather, BOM and seabreeze.

I trust buoyweather because a couple of years ago it showed a free 5 day forecast and it was always pretty accurate for north Qld.

I also love the swell interval predictions.

It helps getting out there when the winds are up a little.

I appreciate Seabreeze because it offers "some" form of forecast so far in advance and then of course there is BOM.

The problem i'm having with BOM is that i'm not sure of which weather forecast i should be looking at.

I know..... i should know by now, but i don't have a good head for geographical layout and where i've done most of my boating the islands are alot smaller so it's less complicated.

Basically you can drive down to the beach in 5 minutes and have a look with your own eyes.

If it looks calm, go home get the boat and go fishing.

Pretty much, i fish Curtain and around the north end of Morton Island.

Should i be regarding that as Morton Bay or should i be looking at something different?

This may be a bit of a dumb question but sometimes you gotta ask to find out huh!

Thanks in advance,

Michael

i always check both when heading across the bay. often times find that the conditions in the far eastern bay are totally different to those in the western bay. you'll quite often see 10-15 inside, 15-20 outside and curtain will be a solid 15 in most cases like this and a bloody uncomfortable trip over and back! seabreeze is pretty unreliable in the long range stuff as it is based on computer models of what might happen. for 2-3 days in advance it is usually not too bad though.

Archived