River session Fri/20th Report

Beefa

Launching the yak from Colsmlie Reserve in the morning plan on trolling my way down to Bulimba in search of a flatty or 2 I need a new PB and I know it's there. Then I will most likely peddle over to Bretts to throw a few SP's a round for a cod or 2 perhaps.

Anyone is more than welcome to tag along.

Heath

pinkey wrote:

Goodluck mate, that 60cm flatty was a good fish you got the other day, looking foward to seeing you beat that :).

I got a 61cm specimen the other week mate so looking forward to topping that plus I reckon the one that busted me off was bigger than that again but lost it yakside

Heath

fishyman wrote:

i am on holidays now, hmmmmm tell ya what, if im not doing anything ill see if dad wants to drop me and the hobie (i feel lazy) down tomorrow morning,

what time you launching? also what time do you reckon you would finish?

Tom, PM sent

Heath

that some water in the cockpit? is the ride usually that wet?

I'm assuming it was relatively flat conditions out on the river yesterday?

Of course, there's water in the mirage drive hole in my revo, but not usually m uch water anywhere else. Just wondering about the outfitter:)

Nice fish mate better than sleeping + trying to study :(

TerryH wrote:

that some water in the cockpit? is the ride usually that wet?

I'm assuming it was relatively flat conditions out on the river yesterday?

Of course, there's water in the mirage drive hole in my revo, but not usually m uch water anywhere else. Just wondering about the outfitter:)

Nice fish mate better than sleeping + trying to study :(

Terry if you have a look at the photo with the flatty you can see how dry it is water just covers the lock down turn dials,this photo was taken with just me in the outfitter with my eask up front and a few kg's of weights in my dry bag (nice dry ride) but the photo with the cod was taken later in the day and I had another mate out with me. The outfitter is only rated to 204kg so when you have me at the back(120kg:blush: :laugh: ) then throw another bloke up front you are pushing capitcity then throw some gear in it a small esky you do at times get a little wash back but when I'v got the wife with me and little gear it's a dry ride. I've figured out it's all about weight distrubtion in the outfitter.

There's been some flatty's getting around the river lately which is great to see.:laugh: :cheer: :woohoo:

Sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon. Nice flatty. Good to see the cod let go to grow into a future FOTM.;)

Forget the water in the yak Terry - look at the leg. The stripe gives me the idea that it should have measuring marks on it (like a tape measure) - would be easier than putting the fish on the plastic ruler:woohoo: :laugh:

ellicat wrote:

Sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon. Nice flatty. Good to see the cod let go to grow into a future FOTM.;)

Forget the water in the yak Terry - look at the leg. The stripe gives me the idea that it should have measuring marks on it (like a tape measure) - would be easier than putting the fish on the plastic ruler:woohoo: :laugh:

Thats why your the idea's man Ellicat:laugh: :laugh:

All the cod were undersize anyway mate so you don't really have a choice other than release then do ya.

Cheers

Heath

ellicat wrote:

haha nice one. Make sure you stretch out the pants when you draw on the measuring marks, saves having to stretch the fish when measuring :D

Archived