Logan River Landbased?

bigtez

have also been trying the logan river land based - have found at the end of ageston road and marks road to be the best. have caught bream at both spots not flathead not sandy enough. have got some good flatties at jacobs well. let me know how you go

I can definitely recommend where not to go! My one & only fish (if you can call it that) at the logan was down the end of the street (ferry rd maybe? can't remember) that goes past the cable ski park, walked on some stepping stones down through the mangroves.

Got to the high tide mark, and it looked a bit muddy but not too bad so walked out a step or two, next thing I know, both me & a mate were up to our ball sinkers in logan river mud, unable to surface, so after about five minutes we managed to get out, covered head to toe in mud. We washed ourselves as best we could in a mosquito ridden puddle back near the car, and then stripped to the bare essentials & headed upstream to a park we found in the refidex, had a bit of a pontoon there, so washed ourselves off properly there and had a bit of a fish, didn't do any good though, but that could have been the bait, they were the dodgiest prawns I ever seen, some no name brand from a servo. And to top it off we threw the castnet, only to pull in about 137 tiny catfish, (they might be tiny but they still sting).

So we spent the next half hour trying to rid the castnet of catfish while being eaten alive by mozzies.

Cheers,

Matt

Archived