fish tanks

MichaelJ

Out of date on costs but you should be able to pick up some good bargains on ebay or trading post.

They'll both go great in freshwater, however it is not a good idea to keep fish with teeth (jacks) with other fish - it Will end in some fun action but ultimately a waste of the money on the barra.

Fine to keep both those fish but they will kill each other chose one or another but you can have more than one barramundi in together. The stand is the expensive bit the proper stands for a 5ft would cost around $200 but you can use other things like a cheap stable table that holds lots of weightfrom 300-600kg( depending on width or hight of tank). or a shelf from hardware store like I did and it only cost $110. A good filter will be around $70 but you could get a cheaper one off ebay. Then for the fish tank if you buy it from a shop it will cost you heaps but here is an ebay shop where I got mine from cheap good fish tanks http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-5-foot-Fish-Tank-Aquarium1500-x-460-x-460_W0QQitemZ320287763643QQihZ011QQcategoryZ20754QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262 . By the way a jack will cost $120 for a baby and a barra $11 for a baby. So I would recomend catching your jack like I am going to do this summer.

awesome thanks mate, we currently have a 5 foot tank and want to put some new fish in it.

Whatnow, if you can get a tank, you can knock up a stand in one weekend out of timber and will only cost you a few bucks and save you alot. we built up ours for under 50 bucks i think

I had 3 barra in a 5ft they just stop growing in your tank at a ceretain size like a 5ft is about 45cm. You will get them at $11 at about 5cm and they will grow very quick from there. Fishyman is that pure fresh because I have had a few attemps at bream in fresh and they have always got a eye fungus type thing.

i got my barra fingerline from river to reef at norman park for $8 about 1yr ago. it was about 5cm when i got it and is now about 25-30cm and very very fat hahhahaha. gonna need to get rid of him soon as i dont have the space in my tank (3ft). Id love to get a bigger tank but thats a no go as i have no space to put it.

for tanks i highly reccomend aquarium warehouse on compton rd underwood (32085537). i got 2 tanks from them both 3ft but different depths and widths, one was like $40 and the other was $55. that was about 2-3yrs ago now, and as everyone else has mentioned the stand can get exe so i knocked up my own. there are "shelf" kits from bunnings cant remember the cost, but you only buy the parts that you want, then i just reinforced it with more timber beams and cross bars, add some waterproof paint or varnish and its all good to go.

for a filter for such a big tank id be going external filter which can cost a bit, pet city at mt gravatt usually have cheap ones for about $100, but im using an ehiem one which was like $250 on special.

Archived