Bad eBay experience - Humminbird Sounder/GPS combo

Biggles

Hi guys,

A few weeks ago I ordered a Humminbird 787c2i from an eBay seller(Power Seller) in the US. Being a 787c2i the whole thing was quite exy, hence the reason for trying to save $600 bucks. I ordered the unit and never heard from the seller again :ohmy: , thank god for PayPal who came to the rescue and I ended up with a full refund for my troubles. I promptly ordered the same unit again from a more reputable seller and all's good, and all before the stock market crash B) .

Basic advice to anyone buying from eBay, make sure you register and buy through PayPal, that way your money is somewhat secure, and they are terrific people to deal with.

Not sure if this is the right area for this post, but just hope it helps someone else one day.

Regards

Al

Hi Booty, I'm no expert in eBay, in fact I've only ever brought 30 items in 4 years and sold the Tempo and a camera and that's my total experience.

eBay purchased PayPal a little while ago to use as a safe transfer station between buyers and sellers. I have a credit card (with a modest limit) registered with PayPal, and as I understand it when I buy something, that transaction goes through PayPal and is all registered and recorded, but more importantly insured. I don't know the correct terminology or the exact process on how it all's works, but I do know my money is safe, and in my previous transaction was refunded in full. Sorry to sound a bit blondish :blush:

Regards

Al

Paypal is also instant payment if you register a "credit card"

What I did was get a Visa Debit card on my bank account and register the Bank account as primary, with the Visa as the "credit card" as the secondary account - they accepted that no worries. (dont register the Visa as primary, they hit you with a fee for OS transactions)

They have insurance on anything you buy these days with paypal (everyone has to offer paypal now). But read the fine print, a mate reckons he got stung with quite a large fee for registering a dispute. (have not heard of it before, so he could just have it wrong)

Archived