Japan holiday/tackle shopping

Beefa

Just got back late last week from a couple of weeks travelling around Japan. Went and visited a few tackle stores in a few different cities and bought a few bits and pieces like a new Diawa Steez 103ha quite a few lures and a few spools of fluro carbon leaders [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Japan_Holiday_08_479.jpg

post-1898-144598475952_thumb.jpg

jimmybob wrote:

awesome mate...so was it cheap over there? for fishing gear that is...

Jimmybob I was lucky I bought most of the gear at the start of our trip before the market crashed, the steez cost me just under $500 australian I see Mo Tackle want $689 so thats about 200bucks saved the lures all averaged about somewhere between 15-20bucks the squid jigs were 4bucks each and one was about $10 the sunline fluro about $20 and that spool of diawa def bass fluro which is 300meters was about $30 I'm thinking of putting it on the steez but not convinced yet.

Mack_attack wrote:

Good buys there Beefa, your probably already aware of this but just in case, make sure you only use your new steez in freshwater as you wouldn't want to ruin something as expensive as that.

Cheers Mack well aware of that, it's purely for the fresh mate guaranted.

flatty_catcher wrote:

did you wet a line?

or not enough time?

would have made for some good pics

Dan

Didnt get a chance to wet a line mate but took this picture whilst up at Mt Fuji must of been a bass comp or something along those lines.

One man teams [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Japan_Holiday_08_922.jpg

post-1898-144598475982_thumb.jpg

kreel wrote:

Very nice haul Beefa, was it a pleasure trip or did you have work in Japan?

I'm more than a little jealous of the Steez. The exchange rate is awful at the moment all my regular Japanese sites just aren't worth looking at.

Purely pleasure mate but the pleasure soon died once we hit Tokyo and saw the exchange rate when we left it was 90cents by the time we got to Tokyo a couple of weeks later it was 56cents it started to really hurt towards the end

Archived