Boggy creek and poo chute Monday 20/10

rayke1938

Went there with Rocket. Launched around 5ish at fisherman island ramp and dropped 4 dillys in front of sunken wall and then proceded to cast net for sone liveys in front of Bulwer island.

We then fished in front of pylon 99 for an hour . I think that one of us had a small run.

Its all a bit vague with the site being down.

Checked dillies and got 2 sandys and then moved up near the poo chute for zilch. Stayed there for a couple of hours and then went back and checked dillys for 2 more sandys and got some more livies.

Back to the pylon where we both got some strong runs but failed to land anything. I upgraded my leaders from 20 to 60 and still no joy.

I scored one small shovely and that was all that was landed for the day.

Also broke my nitro rod much to my disgust but at least its covered by unconditional lifetime warranty.

Only 2 of the sandys were full and the poxy looking one had mushy flesh when cooked.

Looks like the bullies are around and next time I may use wire trace.

Still a nice day and thanks for company Rod.

Cheers

Ray [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1010366_AFO.jpg

post-230-144598476006_thumb.jpg

Damn those intelligent fishies...how do they know to eat the part of the livie that is hook free regardless of how many hooks there are and where they are placed.

On at least 4 seperate occasions I patiently watched my livie getting harrased only to bring in a whiting tail or mullet torso:angry:

As Ray said we both got some good runs, both of my hookups eneded when my main line (20lb whiplash) parted within seconds of hookup.

Ray got almost spooled before being bitten off, so I reckon we had some sharks in the area, but who knows what the other beasties were?:huh:

It was a beautiful morning to be on the River and many thanks to Ray for the invite and the cuppa;)

We'll get a biggun next time...there's always next time:)

Rocket

Archived