Bream , Jacks and estuary Cod

Richo80

Chasing a lure that would go good for mangrove jack bream and estuary cod , brands and details would be great , if anyones had any luck with something in particular , or somethings proven would be xcellent , just starting out lure fishing and all info much appreciated , cheers!!

Richo you'll find a lot of lures in the sizes for jacks are around the 3-4 metre divers. Casting a jacks you want to flick it right into the snag and bring it out, usually its deep enough to throw such a lure in.

Prawnstars have also accounted for their fair share of jacks (or more than!) red is a good colour there (or so others reckon)

I think I'll have to have another crack at a jack now that my kayak is fixed:)

Well I think everyone else has said what I was going to recommend. Being the trusty old gold bombers and lively lure mad mullets. With jack lures I try and not spend too much (stick to the aussie brands) as you're casting them into nasty country and your chances of losing them are high

• 1 month later...

I have talked to a few tackle shop staff and all of them have suggested something with a gold and red. Tilsan Barra in jaffa, ecogear has a red and gold number, lively lures have one as well and the new stiffy minnow 110 crash diver in gold bleeding mullet (i think) feels really solid and did well on Barra and Salmon in the the squidgy 5 dvd.

The hooks look a little frail on out of the packet bombers, so might be a good idea to upgrade to owners. I could be wrong as have only had casting practice with them myself.

Archived