Going Sharking in Kooka on Sunday

Carstenvp

Hi guys

Haven't been out much lately

Went out in the bay 2 weeks ago from Bribie with a boating mate, got one little Ray, we don't know the bay very well yet.

This weekend we are heading up to Kooka for a spot of sharking and what ever else wants to bite :)

Love the River, wish us luck....

Report and pics to follow :blink:

/Carsten

sort of like a stone fish.. but smaller.. dont go walking arround in the shallows or if ur cast netting at night make sure u look at ur net real good between casts and try not to get spiked from one as u will have to stop fishing and get ur foot in some hot water ( hot as u can take it) and prolly seek medical help..

But nothing to worry about seriously.. :lol:

Well, no one got stoned or caught anything stonie...

Anne my girlfriend went on her first fishing trip and caught 4 Catfish, all on Prawn fished on the buttom.

She got busted up twice by something a little larger, that'll teach her not no nick my rod with 6lb mono leader, well we all have to learn...

I caught 2 large Eel, I HATE EEL, it's the only thing I pray not to catch, they were caught on fillets of Mullet 1 Meter under a float so not to get done by Crabs, I failed hookup on 2 larger "something" on Squid on the bottom.

No Sharks though, we went late, around 10:00 am, guess you can't ask them to hang around just because we needed to sleep in.

Lots of speedboats and Jetskis around to spoil the peace and fishing.

Perhaps it is better to sneak one or two K's inland from Kooka, what do you think?

Good to get out....

/Carsten

Archived