Comslie 1-2/11/08 Report

Enjoyfish1

Well, fished there again. I dont know why I bother!:( . Fished it from 8:30pm to 1:30am which covered the high tide at 11ish. Had live baits in the water all the time. I didnt get one touch and my mate caught a shovelnose shark. Couple of baits got destroyed by crabs :angry: (eating the heads of the mullet and herring). All in all another poor outing. Im heading to fishermans island bridge as at least ive caught snapper and tailor there.

i personally haven't fished comslie, but i have scouted it at low tide and from what i saw the whole area just seems to be one big sand flat. didn't see any channels or fishy holes and thus didn't bother much with going there again.

has anyone caught decent fish there? or are you just having a run of bad luck?

Nice map of fishermans. You either park at the boat ramp to fish the southern side or park over the bridge on the left to fish the northern side. There is also a creek on the northern side which produces flathead on the bigger tides.

I dont know. Maybe a bit of bad luck, however chubbstar has been fishing the place hard, as have I, and neither of us have caught anything to talk about. I think if your using quality live baits and nothing good eats them its time to move locations.

I think further towards the mouth is much better if your landbased.

Archived