beast under the barge strikes again

2 wheels

hi all got out early for a fish at the barge wandered along shultz's not a lot of water to be seen got to old faithful set up and preceded to fish a few hours to the top of the tide ,lol the cattys were plentiful as well as the bream ,only a couple of rats all day mostly nice coloured heavy well over legal ( im drooling ) and a few monster catty's and a heap of small ones (under 30 cm) any way after fishing for a few hours there was lots of surface activity ,then it struck ( add lighting and sound effects) the drag went off zzzzzzzz so i attend the line thinking ahh another catty (bane of my exsistance) start winding in bit of a tussle ,then line goes slack kept winding in then i fell the weight of the beast like pulling a besa block thru the water ,along the side of the barge i knew where it was heading so ive tried to play it to the end , then it dived my trusty rod bent 180 then snap went the top section then slid down the line then the line snapped leaving me to curse the beast I tried to lure it back for a few hours more but no luck I suspect the beast is either a big cod ,a jack or a or a smart big catty excuse the length of the post ps i will have my revenge thats 2 rods that beast has busted for me :dry:

TerryH wrote:

sounds like something I might have to target :)

What lbs line have you use when you've been nailed by this fish?

Any idea on why your rod broke? Shouldn't be breaking rods merely because you've hooked a big brut of a fish :S

don't know for sure, think someones takin the piss,{ replies }, hmmm

i suspectyou r talking about the nudgee canel i have beeen fishing dow nthere for about 15 years before they opened it up to the public there are big sharks done there i mean huge 12 foot they jump out of the water now i can here it all now i am a wanker .but i have seen it to often :)

Archived