Nudgee Creek 4/11/08

nadders

Went down to the mouth of nudgee creek last night, at around 9pm-11pm (unfortunately high tide was about 1am)

Just thought it's worth a mention though that the bream were going insane. My first cast using a prawn was hooked on a lil bream after winding in the tension o.o landed within 20 seconds after first cast. The bites did not slow down either, although unfortunately when we ran out of prawns we had poor quality frogmouth pilchards that were soft as and not staying on the hooks.

After a dozen or so bream we mucked around catching toadfish by hand :D and had some fun with a lil crab. Everything released unharmed (except my glove which the crab harmed pretty good)

Anyway, it might be worth a look at high tide for some bigger ones- every cast was getting bitten literally 5-10 seconds after being in the water for me.

sorry, no pics =(

a couple were almost legal but mostly little fellas, but like i said we were fishing pretty much right on low tide during the run-in..

the wind did make casting a little difficult but it really cut down toward 10pm or so, i just wish we had enough bait to keep going cause i'm sure i missed out on some bigger fish due to the soft pillies :(

Archived